The emphasis is on the basic, essential principles of Portrait and to help bring about an understanding of skills needed in portraying the sitters.
- To understand the concepts of lines, tints, shades, tonal relationship between facial features and spatial perspectives
- Introduction to materials and tools.Art History about famous portrait Artists.
- Introduction to shape and planes of facial features Students will learn about bone structure or topography to give you a likeness of the sitters.
- Copying and understanding of old masters painting
About the Workshop Instructor – Ong Jenn Long
Education and qualification: 2001-2004 Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Diploma in Fine Arts.
2004 23rd UOB Painting of The Year Competition. Highly -commended award. Representational Medium. Open Section. http://www.uobgroup.com/assets/pdfs/poy2004_annex1.pdf
- 2006 Made in Singapore, Art Seasons, Singapore.
- 2005 ART Singapore 2005, Singapore Exhibitions Convention Centre.
- 2005 Solitary Desires, Art Seasons, Singapore.
- 2005 M9 Artists in Style, Arts Seasons, Singapore.
- 2004 Erotica, Arts Seasons, Singapore.
- 2004 23rd UOB Painting of The Year, Esplanade Singapore.