Chinese Painting Course – Intermediate level
(Weekend Class: Every Saturday 5pm – 7pm)
Chinese Ink Painting is an art form that started thousands of years ago. It refers to the application of paint on rice paper (宣纸).
Date: Every Saturday
Time: 5pm – 7pm
Fee: 10 Sessions @ S$550 (All material provided, Free flow of Chinese Tea, Coffee & Snacks)
Studio Address: 90 Goodman Road, Goodman Arts Centre, Block O, #02-65, Singapore 439053
The art of Chinese Brush Painting typically embodies philosophical concepts. The Chinese ink painting can be a quiet scene or telling you a story, with a poem at the side of the painting.
The two main techniques in Chinese painting are:
- Gongbi (工筆), meaning “meticulous”, uses highly detailed brushstrokes that delimits details very precisely.
- XieYi (写意) Ink and wash painting, in Chinese shui-mo (水墨, “water and ink”) also loosely termed watercolour or brush painting, and also known as “literati painting”.
In this 10 sessions Chinese ink painting intermediate level course, we are going to go through the activities such as:
- Discover the traditions of Chinese painting and learn the history behind Chinese Ink painting
- Experiment with different Chinese artistic tools and styles, guided by professional
- Create your very own Chinese Ink painting on rice paper – and take it home!
- 10 sessions to cover the animal paintings in Chinese Painting (eagle, tiger, horse, rooster, peacock and portrait painting)
- Very personalized experience for Max 10 people group
- Enjoy free-flowing Chinese tea / Coffee